THE SEARCH PROCESS
A typical management search will consist of the following steps:
- Client interview to determine both quantitative and qualitative factors that define
the ideal candidate.
- Extensive market evaluation to determine candidate names from target firms.
- 50 to 60 initial telephone briefings to determine the candidates that best match
the job specifications.
- Broad telephone screening to determine the top 15 to 20 candidates for
- Extensive profiling and evaluation of selected "long list" of candidates
- Selection of short list of candidates. (3-4 candidates)
- Arranging client interviews with selected list.
- Providing client with Personal Assessment of selected candidates.
- Extensive de-briefing with both candidates and client to ensure clear
consensus of opinion and thorough understanding of all job requirements
(including "cultural fit") to determine both parties desire to continue the
- Consult with client to determine the best candidate and ensure complete
confirmation and satisfaction of candidate's willingness to accept
- Facilitation of the offer process.
- Assisting with reference checks as required.
- Assisting with resignation counseling as required.
The average time frame for the above process is 4-6 weeks